Monday, February 10, 2014

Saw Till

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Recently, I was re-arranging the shop - again, and finally moved my saw till down near my low bench where I do 95% of my sawing. Duh.

Anyway, I realized I didnt have a shot of the till - although I swear I took some when I made it a couple of years ago - so I took one. Here it is:



The main idea was simple - hold saws. But as usual, I made it a much more complicated project my adding "design" to it. I wanted the shape of the till to somehow reflect the contents (a concept I would revisit again later when I made my moulding plane shelves). I settled on a stylized version of the Disston handle and skew back.

And yes, the dovetails on the front rail are cross-grain and therefore "wrong". I cant remember if I was being a rebel ("Breakin the law! Breakin the law!") or just clueless. Regardless, it has held up fine, although it does open up a little in the winter. And of course I made it too small!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment