Sunday, February 23, 2014

CHANGING A WATERFALL coco handpainted desk

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
 
Ive never been a fan of water fall / art deco styled furniture, but it is made well
and there is plenty of it out there.
This piece comes from The Gelco Furniture Company in Montreal circa 1950 - 1960.
 
 
I like to change the look and feel of them and have them loved once more.
 

This pieces was update only with paint, hardware, and some appliques.
Not my usually tear down or build upon approach.
 
 
Setting forth to hand paint both end panels and a bit on the front takes just about as many hours
as rebuilding does.
 
 
I also played with dark wax on this piece more creatively then I have in the past.
 
 
I used appliques to disguise some of the art deco lines
and gave it a feminine feel with the handles I used.

 
Here is a close up of one of the hand painted end panels.
 
 
This hand painted desk was finished with Annie Sloan Old White and trimmed with Coco.
 
 
And your FIRSTFINDS etsy update for the week ...
 
 
 
 sharing with

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment