Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A simple ramp

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
My friend Jerry wanted a ramp built so he could ride his riding lawnmower up into his shed and store it when it wasnt being used. So, heres a lesson in simple ramp building...

I started with a treated 2x6x8, cut it in half, and then did a diagonal cut on both 4 pieces...

Next, I assembled it on the ends using deck screws (since they will last forever)...
Then, I put in some additional bracing about half way down the slope...


...and secured the top. I cut the top 3" longer which will bring the overall slope closer to the ground, and easier for Jerry to drive up!
In the foreground you can see the ramp, in the background you can see the dollhouse before it was moved to Woodcraft...


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment