Monday, January 27, 2014

The arched top door Minster OH Installation!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
With the glass pack fully installed, installation day has arrived!

Ive enlisted my son as helper for the day. Brad is 15, and is a hard worker! The door weighs between 150-200lbs, so this is not something I could do myself, and he has proven his worth. The entire day, from start to finish, was 15 hours long, but everything is now installed and looking great! I may make a trip down later this week again, and do some tweeking on the lockset and get more pics.

In the fourth picture, you can see the decorative straps behind the screen door. I will get a few more pics of these when I go back down, as they really add a nice flair to the door itself!

The hardware is Schlage, bought online at BuySchlageNow.com. This particular hardware was not available anywhere else, and I had it within a week of ordering.

As a side note, this home does not have an awning or porch, which will effect the life of the finish on the door. Even though there are four coats of spar urethane on the door, it will need to be maintained periodically. This also is an East facing door, located in mid-Ohio, known for high temps in the summer and harsh winds and cold in the winter.

I would like to take this time to thank Chet and Ashley Harrod for being paitent with the whole process. Sometimes, these bigger projects can take time, but theyre worth it! As they have discovered, I will not settle for giving people substandard work, and I believe quality should be job 1. The Harrods are happy with their new doors, and that is what I strive for. Thanks guys!!! See you soon!






TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment